Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Yet more on lead-free solder

N Cook wrote:

Eeyore wrote

I'm not clear what it's supposed to show. It's not as clear as it could be
for one thing.

I went back to the original unscaled image , although 2 cuts, they are from
the same pic taken at the same time with the same illumination
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra...et/solder2.jpg
The lower lead free de-soldered cap lead and the upper a control from an
older board. Proper silvery sheen, mostly, to the old one, brighter than the
background graph paper, and totally dusty light grey for the lead-free ,
tin-pest ? desoldered one.

Yes, I can see the matt finish of the lead-free one now. That's how they're
supposed to look AIUI.

Graham