Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry Mike Henry is offline

Default Scraping reference surface

"Wes" wrote in message
I have no connection to this company.

http://www.machinerepair.com/scrapers.html

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see a raw casting for a
25" x 3" wide raw casting that you can scrape in to use as a reference
surface. At $210.00 plus S&H it seems like a logical first step for those
that want to improve your old iron.

I figure if you can't get this thing scraped in, it is better to leave
your
machine alone and deal with it's inaccuracy's.

I believe that is Michael Morgan's web site. Run a Google Groups search on
that name and you should find that several buyers have had problems getting
product from him. He still owes me the Bridgeport rebuilding book or at
least a refund.

Mike