Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Toilet Cisterns etc ?

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:31:25 +0100, "the_constructor"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:05:23 +0100, "the_constructor"
mused:

I am wanting to replace the low level toilet that I have with a cisten
that
hangs on the wall and a short flush pipe to the pan.

That is a low level.

Is there a difference in the actual cisterns used for what I want and what
have or is it just that the low level way of fixing to the pan requires a
fixing kit with 2 bolts etc.

Dunno, not sure what it is you want.

It may be that if there is no difference, then I can just change the pan.

Thanks as always for your help.

I am a little lost as to what you actually have and what you want. I'm
not overly convinced you actually have the right terminology in use
here.

Close coupled;
http://www.4bathrooms.co.uk/store/images/T/Tiffany%20wc-01.jpg

Low level;
http://www.bathroomcity.co.uk/images/products/20-884.JPG

High level;
http://www.bathroomcity.co.uk/images/products/20-865.jpg
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Ah, yes it rather looks like I got all the terminology wrong as you say
Stuart.

My thanks for the links, very helpful.

I have a close coupled toilet at the moment and would like this taken out
and a Low level toilet fetted.

Is the same cistern used for both the low level toilet and close coupled
toilet (the latter being fixed with a clamp plate underneath), because if it
is, I will only need to replace the toilet pan.

Hope that better explains things.

Yep, bit clearer now. You need a new pan and cistern!
--
Regards,
Stuart.