Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default In ground sprinkler draining problem

on 8/10/2007 6:21 PM TH said the following:
I just moved into a house with an in ground sprinkler connected to an
irrigation well. The problem I am having, is that after a water cycle
the water in the pipes slowly leak out of one of the sprinkler heads.
The sprinkler, I assume, is at the lowest point and near the street.
Because of this I always have a puddle around this sprinkler and water
running down the sidewalk after the watering cycle.
Is there some kind of check valve I could install to keep this from
happening, or some other solution?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

If it's a pop up head, how about a little weight on it? Enough to keep
the water running out from gravity, but enough to open under pressure.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY