Posted to sci.electronics.repair
vey vey is offline

Default tv tuner noise bars

wrote:
Hey everyone
Ive got an old ati tv tuner card which has always had a problem with
noise bars. It works perfectly fine but the noise bars have always
bothered me.( I could buy a new one but Im cheap ) Anyway, according
to this:

http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...pagenumbe r=1

there is a mod that can be done to one of the chips to isolate it
against noise. I don't know much about electronics, but would like to
give this mod a try. Anyone able to give a clearer explanation of
whats involved and/or able to link to a site with a tutorial or
explanation of something similar (with pictures)

Thanks

I have a little page that was originally published by the FCC. They
pulled it, so I reproduced it. Take a look and tell us which picture
looks like the "noise bars" you are complaining about. Then look at what
they say is the cause. It will help work out your problem. I have used
several ATI TV cards with no trouble.

http://www.ericvey.com/tvinterference/index.html