jim rozen

Default tramming a mini mill

In article , Harold & Susan Vordos says...

Sort of reminds me of how the word " swarf" is being used.

That term has a great deal of varied use, depending on where
one is from. The instructor at the voc-tech school used it
all the time to describe machined chips. He was from the UK
and I think that was standard use there.

It is also a general term for any particulate by-product,
for example the fine debris that results from flint arrowhead
manufacture is indeed described as 'swarf.'

Jim

please reply to: