Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Share your accidents and close-calls so others can learn from them?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:39:38 -0700, charlieb
wrote:

The third easily avoidable Dumb Move involved
a tight mortise and tenon joint. A blow to the
head can actually cause you to see stars.

I laughed when I read that one...

A few years ago I was getting into my truck, a good climb up. Winter,
lot's of ice, and my legs shot out from under me, and went under the
truck, and down I went, seemingly head first.

My head hit the ice, and I *heard* the most incredible 'boing' sound
ever. I never knew the skull was resonate until that day, but you saw
stars--I heard bells ringing.

Funny thing was that I didn't even get a headache, but it sure scared
the living daylights out of me--I figured I'd fractured my skull. bg
I'm now much more careful about getting in and out of the truck too.