Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default OT - CRB Checks

Terry W. wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
:

Hi

I'm increasingly getting jobs in playgroups & old peoples homes.
Nobody has asked yet, but I think a CRB check could be a good thing.

I am, of course, as pure as the driven snow in thought & deed.

How do I get one sorted? Anyone know?

Dave,

As a past owner of a private nursery school, I would advise that you
should never be left alone with children or vulnerable people. The
facility should make sure of this.

You should also ensure that you are always escorted and supervised in
the vicinty of children or vulnerable people - for your own safety !
You are fully entitled to ask that you not be left alone.
Allegations (false or true) are very easily made and extremely
difficult to counter.

As others have said - you cannot ask for a CRB check for yourself.

Terry W.

Sadly, I have to endorse your advice. When my younger was at primary
school, when I had but few opportunities to share time with him due to
work, I was faced with a barrage of sceptical faces.

It still hurts me and has done him a great deal of harm.Can we please
get rid of this silly Nanny State