Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default deep cleaning commercial-grade no-wax flooring

My church's kitchen constantly smells like a bucket of dirty mop water
- if you worked in fast food (as I did as a teen) you know the smell
I'm talking about: grease and dirt and ugh.

I think the problem is the floor, that it has a build-up of grease and
years of not-so-great mopping. It's a commercial-grade no-wax vinyl
according to the buildings-and-grounds guys who (when you keep 'em on
topic) seem to remember the floor being laid in 1985.

I don't think a simple mopping with bleach and water will suffice.
Eventually we will replace the floor, but do not have the funds to do
so (especially after the phone system blew out in last week's storms).
Can anyone recommend a product or method of removing years of
accumulated ick from a no-wax floor?

Arigato!