Posted to alt.home.repair,neworleans.general
willshak willshak is offline

Default SURPRISED?: New report shows epidemic of shoddy illegal-alien-builthomes hitting USA hard!

on 8/10/2007 11:09 AM said the following:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:44:17 -0700, greg3347
wrote:

Everything these mestizoes touch turns to crap.
And never deal with an employer of illegal aliens.

ted

I was an inspector for 8 years. The Mexicans usually did better work
that the anglo drunks who showed up for these jobs. Kids in the US are
not interested in working outside in the hot sun these days. If you
want white guys you end up with ex-cons, druggies and drunks who can't
get a job anywhere else.
I do not condine hiring "illegals" but if you depended on the anglos
to build houses you would never get them built and they would cost
$500 a square foot. I would blame the "suits" for the lousy quality of
new homes, not the labor. They will buy the cheapest crap available
and design to absolute "hold your nose" minimum , even when they are
building million dollar houses. At the corporate level the only
"pride" is pride in a good bottom line.

One day a few years ago, my neighbor had a new roof installed on his
split level (2 roofs). I don't know the exact size of the house, but
would estimate it to be around 50' x 30'. At 7AM, the crew of about 6
hispanics arrived and began to tear off the roof shingles. I don't know
if they were Mexicans or of other hispanic nationality, nor if they were
illegal aliens or not. They were on the roof all day and I don't know if
they stopped for lunch, or if they took turns having lunch. In any
event, the hammering was non-stop, as was the salsa music from their
radio. They were finished and gone at about 6 PM (still daylight), after
having cleaned up the debris and hauling it away. I have seen other
roofing jobs of the same or smaller size take days to complete. Didn't
hear any salsa music on those jobs, tho.
Why is it that on a lot of the home improvement TV shows, that most of
the landscape workers are nearly always hispanic?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY