Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default USB Flash Drive Repair

On Aug 10, 8:19 am, spaceaze wrote:
Hi folks,

My 1 GIG SANS USB Flash Drive is not being recognized by my PC. My
grandson stepped on the drive as it was plugged into the PC and I

am
sure the pins are bent.and pulled off the board. Is there any

testing
equipment that could read the memory or usb parts site where I

could
replace the NAND chip and put it on another board?

spaceaze

I picked up a 1 GIG at Fry's last week for $8 after the rebate. Is it
worth the bother or is this to see if it can be done? Often the
connector gets damaged and pulls pads / traces off the board. Welcome
to the throw away society. Or is there material on the drive you
really need to salvage? For salvage purposes you can temporarily
'baby' the connections long enough to read 'one more time'.

GG