Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Round stock on band saw - THANK YOU Darrell!

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:49:33 -0400, Gerald Ross wrote:

mac davis wrote:
As I was browsing www.aroundhthewoods.com this morning for inspiration, I went
through some of Master Feltmate's turning tips..

Clicked on the "cutting round objects on the band saw" or whatever, expecting
yet another jig to build..

Saw a picture of a branch with a bar clamp on it, keeping the limb form
rotating.... Hmmmmm..

What a simple but effective solution to a common problem!

For larger logs that are hard to clamp, I put a short board across the
end and fasten it temporarily with two screws.

I've done a little of that, but since I took off the shop-built table, my 14"
table runs out of room for much more than a clamp to rest on..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing