Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Share your accidents and close-calls so others can learn from them?

"Glenn" wrote in message
I've seem most of the ones listed but there is one I didn't notice.

I was death on my men laying a Skil saw down on the guard. To start with,
you can spring the guard that way but I once saw a man lay it down on the
guard and the guard was stuck UP. It came right across the top of his
shoe. He was lucky that the blade was stopping and it didn't get through
the shoe.

I always do that, and always feel funny about it.

The guys who built my deck had removed all the blade guards, because
apparently they felt they got in the way. So they were regularly flipping
them upside-down on the deck, spinning teeth free to hit anything.

Also, not one eye goggle. Not one mask (the holding structure was PT).