Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default JET bandsaws

dpb wrote:
The "they" in the above paragraph did indeed refer to testing but was
intended generically to include an individual test/tester and/or a
sponsoring publisher such as FWW. I don't care specifically who does
the test and as I replied in the followup, even if it were
vendor-supplied data that would be fine for supplying the population
data currently missing.

One other thought struck how to perhaps explain the pov I was trying to
get over. I consider the test/tester/publisher as an entity to be a
surrogate for the reader who would like to do what they're doing but has
to rely on them for that service in a practical manner. Ergo, from that
point of view, yes, the "they" does indirectly refer to the readers...