Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Best way to saw 4x4 posts?

SnikkerJensen wrote in
ups.com:

On 9 Aug, 23:11, "Pounds on Wood" wrote:
"Spyro" wrote in message

. ..

Hello fellow woodworkers

Im making a fence with 4x4 posts. Is it possible to saw them using
a handsaw with almost or perfect result?

What kind of handsaw do I need?

Yours Sincerely
Tom

Keep in mind that you don't want to cut them square, unless you have
some kind of cap going on the top ends. Cut them at about a 15
degree angle from all four sides, leaving a pyramid top that will
shed water. Makes the concept of a perfect cut a little less
important too.

--
********
Bill Poundshttp://www.billpounds.com

Ah, thank you very much. An amateur as me would have not thought about
that. In another group I have been told to use a japanese saw. Think I
am going to try with that.

How many do you have to cut?

Patriarch