Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22443 Ignoramus22443 is offline

Default Ingersoll Rand T-10 compressor - any good?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:43:00 -0500, Don Foreman wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:20:21 -0500, Ignoramus22443
wrote:

Forgot to add Mike, but I would also suggest looking for a "real 5 HP"
compressor. It would improve your productivity working on certain
tasks such as sanders or air hammers, on real projects.

The 3HP IR he's looking at produces more air (11.3 acfm @ 90PSIG) than
some "real 5HP" units do. Exceptions would be 2-stage units. Buying
a used compressor (except perhaps a Quincy) is a bit of a crapshoot
unless there is some way to know its history.

My 5 HP compressor makes about 14 CFM. It is single stage.

Your point on used compressors is quite right.