Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Can you bend roofing nails on the inside?

on 8/10/2007 2:00 AM mm said the following:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 03:33:42 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:52:53 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

About 20 years ago, popular science did a how-to article about
constructing an attic railroad. IIRC, a big circle (many-sided polygon)
of 2 x 4 rails with storage wagons riding on them. Then you just stand
at the top of the ladder, and push the thing around until the stuff you
want is next to you. A giant lazy susan, if you will.

Somehow this reminds me of the article 45 years ago about how to make
your own switches for a Lionel train.

Make your own switches? You mean by splicing a curved and a straight
section together?

Yes.

Powered?

Not their design. Not my plan.

Did you try it?

No. For one thing, I had no extra track. So no track to make the
switch out of and no track for a siding to connect the switch to.

It sounds tedious, I think
I'd rather buy a switch.

Maybe, but we had no money, except for food and other essentials.

I'm raised in a generation when if someone had food and a place to
live and a couple toys and maybe even a vacation every few years, that
was real good. I still feel that way.

As I used to say after my father died when I was 8, "My mother gave me
everything I wanted as long as I didn't want anything."

We had all the money we would ever need in our lifetimes...
....unless we wanted to buy something.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY