Posted to alt.home.repair
nominal nominal is offline

Default HELP! My Fridge Water Filter Comes undone and floods parts of the house.

I wake up and i go downstairs to the main floor. I go into the
kitchen, we're redoing it, so the fridge was moved (problem found?).
We kept the water filter line hooked up to the fridge because we didnt
have to move it...
But now, there is water coming out of it; i see that the cord came
apart in the night time. The kitchen is flooded, the wood floor get's
drenched. Instincts: Shut off the water.
I go to the basement only to shutoff the water and i see that
everything is wet -- the water went through the kitchen floor, and was
now flooding the basement. The family and I put down rags all over the
place bedsheets, etc.
We're still trying to get water out of the basement...using big car
sponges and a bucket--it's working. Of course I have many concerns but
my 2 top ones a

1. How do I get water out of the basement?
2. What about the house?! The wood damage? Electric wiring?