Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default JET bandsaws

In article ,
"Jim" wrote:

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
Is JET a decent company for making bandsaws, or are they a cheap chinese
knockoff company? Or heck are they a cheap American knockoff company.

I noticed on their webpage that they list themselves as JET Europe, so
presumably they are European. Are they made in Europe or somewhere else?

Jet contracts with a Chinese company to make their equipment. Jet and
Powermatic
are divisions of the same company.

What you saw on the webpage was the address of the divsion of this company
which distributes their products
to Europe.

Since I don't own any kind of bandsaw, I have no opinion on the FWW article.
However, the Grizzly model certainly
seems attractive.

Jim

Last spring I did a lot of looking, and ended up with the Grizz that FWW
thought was the best value, I have to agree

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv