Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Share your accidents and close-calls so others can learn fromthem?

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
I wanted to urge people to use protective eye gear with my quick story of a
near-miss.

A quick point about eye wear.

Obviously, eye protection helps protect our eyes from direct damage.

A less mentioned benefit is that even nuisance dust can cause an eye to
blink, blur or heavily tear. Even though light dust irritation is
usually recoverable and only a nuisance, the thought of having my eyes
closed while my hands are near spinning blades and bits, or my bicycle
is traveling at decent speeds gives me the heebie-jeebies.