Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Humidistat

Instead of adding a power supply and relay to invert the humidistat control,
another simpler approach would be to use a wall control which "closes" on
rising humidity such as this one which are designed for the application
requested by the original post:

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-H46C.../dp/B00069ECM2

Smarty

"mm" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 23:08:42 -0400, mm
wrote:

1) In parallal with the t-stat, so that the ac will run until both
standards are met. I'd have to review the thermostat wiring diagram
and how the AC works, or just wait until somene says, to know if this
is an easy thing to do, but it seems like it might be the best.

To add to my post: To compensate for what Smarty says, you would need
to put in a 24 volt relay in the h-stat that would turn the load off
when the relay is on, and turn the load on when the relay is off.

By load, I mean the wires from the ac that go to the t-stat and which
would have gone directly to the h-stat if it weren't backwards from
you want.

By the relay on or off, I mean a simple relay that has a 24v power
supply and is turned on when the the H-stat says it should be, and off
when the h-stat says it should be. On is when the contacts in the
H-stat are closed and off is when they are open.

If they don't sell them with this relay as an attachment, it would
still be easy to get one and easy to do. I say 24 volts because there
are loads and loads of 24 volt relays and that is the voltage supplied
to the t-stat to begin with. You don't need single pole single throw,
but get DPDT anyhow for a dollar more. You'll find other uses for the
other parts. Maybe you'll want to turn an indicator light on when you
turn the AC off, or whatever.