Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Tired of sawdust

You will expand to the size of the tank, just like gold fish. If
you leave the shop at 60 x 60, you will fill it.

I am using a 24 x 36. I t is full yet functional. I would not
have room to build up a set of kitchen cabinets. I do not have a
finishing area. My next purchase has to be a dust collector.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
I need to isolate my woodworking from my other hobbies. I have a
60'x60' shop of which 40'x60' still has some flexibility left. I
would like to partition some of it for woodworking. What would
be a reasonable size? I own the following woodworking tools:
Table saw, radial arm saw, jointer, molder, lathe, dust collector
(haven't used it yet) and bench.

I would like to keep the size somewhat to a minimum. It is not
my primary hobby. My other interests are machining, welding and
auto restoration. Woodworking is an occasional repair job, and
someday I would like to build a few cabinets.

Presently, when I need to rip a single 2"x6"x8' for a onetime
use, everything I own throughout the whole 60 feet of shop gets
covered with a fine dust. My solution has been to drag my table
saw out to the driveway for that occasional cut. Not too
uncomfortable except here in the NW we don't have dry weather
very often.

I would like to know what room sizes you all are enjoying.

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary