Posted to alt.home.repair
1D10T 1D10T is offline

Default Humidistat

I read that if you set the T-stat to 70º and the H-stat to what you
*perceive* to be a comfort level, the AC only runs to achieve the relative
humidity set on the H-stat. It went on to say that it helps to keep the unit
from cycling as often as it normally would, thereby saving electricity and
still be comfortable. The THI here for a week has been 110 - 115, and it
just got me to wondering. As inexpensive as the H-stats are I thought it
would be worth a try - or at least the time it takes to do all this typing.
:-)
Opinions appreciated!
TIA
Easy's gettin' harder everyday