Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Scaffolding

mm wrote in
:

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:25:31 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

I need some scaffolding. I need to get 16' or so in the air to put a
ceiling fan on a beam, and to install gutters.

Be sure to put the gutters on the outside and the fan on the inside.

Unless you live south of the equator.

South of the equator, do fans go in the opposite direction for airflow
down???

Just curious :-)

I would need a total of six
end pieces and eight x braces. And some boards.

Approximately what does this stuff sell for used?

I have no idea, but unless the guy died or went out of business, or
came up with a better way, they're going to be selling only the worst
stuff they have. So check every weld for even small cracks. Maybe
this will give you an excuse to buy a welder.

And if he did die, the heirs will probably sell everything, not
knowing what is in great shape and what is cracking.

Steve