Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Photocopier double image

On Aug 8, 9:13 am, "perion_666" wrote:
I have a Sharp Z-57 ,,, you get a normal top half of the sheet but the
second half contains the normal second half PLUS a faint first half.

Often there is an electrical contact to the toner drum, and a corona
wire
attached to that contact; clean the wire and contact. Various devices
are used to erase the drum after the paper gets its toner, your
machine
obviously isn't doing that erase thoroughly. Old machines always
used a corona wire (just a thin stainless steel wire, with high
voltage applied).

Because the corona wire is subject to various kinds of failure, it's
part of the toner cartridge; when you swap cartridges, does the second
image vanish?

Sometimes a sheet of paper gets wrapped around a roller and dirties up
the
print in this way, but I presume you've made visual inspection
already...