Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Best way to saw 4x4 posts?

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message

If you are going to attach the wood posts to the metal posts you may
want
to wait to cut until they are exactly where they are going to end up.

Then
you can use a level line or a measurement up from the ground or bottom

rail
to determine the final height. Try not to commit yourself to a length

until
every thing is in place.

You guys are making me smile with this modern 'cutting off of fence posts
at
the right height' methodology.

In the old days I could _precisely_ set the height of a fence post by the
surgical application of a post hole digger and one half of a pair of Sears
Roebuck brogans.

... dig a little deeper than necessary, then kick in an appropriate amount
of dirt.

Saw? ... what saw?

Huh!