Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Can anyone help me fix my Skype?

SteveB wrote:

"George" wrote

Is it in a totally remote area with absolutely no cell service in the
general area?

In order to use a cell, I have to drive about three miles up the mountain to
a viewpoint. This is the common practice, but inconvenient at
times.......... snowy, rainy, middle of the night ...... Plus, if it were
an emergency situation, I might have trouble getting there to call in. A
couple of my neighbors have strong cell phones and service, and claim that
if they hang out their top window on a particular side, theirs works. Mine
won't where I am. I am considering building a lookout tower out of
telephone poles, but wouldn't know if it works from up there until after all
the hard work.

Steve

Rent scaffolding and assemble a temporary test tower first. Also check
my other post about functional VoIP over satellite.

Pete C.