BigWallop

Default electric shower doesn't run cold - - advice please!

Thanks,

The shower only has three settings:
High
Low
Off

snipped

Hi Andrea,

From your description, I get the feeling we're talking stuck switch here.
Even when the shower is on its LOW setting, you get hot and not warm water ?
Then if you put the shower to the HIGH setting, the temperature doesn't
change ?

If this is the symptoms, then the micro switches in the unit have stuck
closed (electrically welded themselves together). Replaceing them is no big
deal, and is very cheap indeed. Turn off the power to the shower at the
fuse board. Open the front of the unit and have a look inside, you should
see where the selector knob goes onto a spindle and controls two little
micro switches: http://www.otehall.co.uk/products/index.html which make the
heating elements work.

Have a look at the spare parts pages he www.tritonshowers.co.uk for the
bits you need. Or you can go to your nearest electronic store and ask for
two 240 Vac 20 Amp MicroSwitches.

(pronounced two forty volt A.C. twenty amp micro-switches)

Good luck with it.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com