Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default QC toolholders for piston and Aloris AXA QC toolpost do notwork

I don't have the time or inclination to diddle with this, so I got a RMA
(er, actually a Return Goods Authorization) from KBC.

Louis Ohland wrote:
Width of dovetail at narrowest point is about 1.41"
Width of dovetail at widest point is about 1.68"
Depth of dovetail cut is .41"
Height of block is 1.73"

I now notice that there is no size listed for the toolholder, no "AXA"
or "BXA", nada...

http://www.kbctools.com/usa/Navigati...fm?PDFPage=486

1-459-202

Wes wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote:

My Enco and KBC orders arrived on the same UPS truck. When it came
time to try the KBC toolholder on the Aloris AXA, I found that it
does not work. The depth of the dovetail in the toolholder is too
deep by about 1/8th of an inch. It rattles on the toolpost.

Wow! That is huge. I was trying to make some BXA holders fit my
aloris AXA
wedge post recently (didn't realize they were BXA) and iirc, .012"
shim made
the BXA sorta fit.

I think a CXA is much bigger, can't tell you how much even though I was
running a CXA equiped lathe last night making repair parts for a test
cell.

Measure the width of the dovetail using some common round things in
corners
and give us the dimensions. I can try to check that against genuine AXA,
BXA, and CXA holders to see what you have.

Wes