Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Non-bathroom light in bathroom

In article . com,
Martin Pentreath writes:
Hi,

I've just seen this in B&Q:
http://tinyurl.com/2kq895

We need something like this in the bathroom, and I like the styling of
this particular one. However, on the website it doesn't mention
suitability for bathrooms.

What risks am I running by installing it (I'm talking about real
risks, as opposed to a busy-body from the council telling me off)?
It's quite a big room, and it will be well away from the bath.

It would be permitted in Zone 3 (greater than 60cm horizonally
from bath and shower) or outside zones (greater than 3m high).
It will require earth bonding to the other bonded metalwork in
the room, and to the earth conductors of any other circuits used
in the room (as well as the lighting circuit, obviously).

--
Andrew Gabriel