Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Can anyone help me fix my Skype?

SteveB wrote:
"DA" wrote

Don't you also have to pay for bandwidth with your satellite service? If
so, I would not use Skype or any other VoIP service for that matter. Skype
is even worse than others because your bandwidth will also be used by
other people since it's a peer-to-peer service, meaning everyone shares.
It would be fine if you had a broadband connection with free bandwidth but
on a satellite Internet bandwidth charges could be steep.

Charges to a non Skype user to call you, or you to call them are $.021 per
minute, which converts to two cents a minute. As per bandwidth, we are not
there long enough or often enough to approach the limitations. If one does
get close, they just slow you down until you catch up with the quota. This
is the last ditch resort to get some type of phone service at the cabin
without getting an incredibly expensive satellite phone.

Steve

Is it in a totally remote area with absolutely no cell service in the
general area?