Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default One Tool, One Type of Turning, One Wood OR Keep Exploring?

I don't turn a lot, but I do sell the occasional piece through gallery, and
I dont' think I've ever intentionally turned two pieces the same - like
others said, I like to see what the wood "makes" me do - and looking at what
sells, I don't see any pattern - heavy, light, shiny, dull, natural or rough
edges or smooth, dyed or not, spalted or not - so, I make what I like, and
let people buy what they like. but, I'm not giving up my day job
either.....

like any artisan, you need tecnical skills (and there are many better than
I) and you need to develop an ability to use those skills - lack of skills
can be a preventive force, but even great skills don't make you a real
artist, right?

"charlieb" wrote in message

So my questions is:

How long did it take you to find The One type of turning
you do almost exclusively?
or
How long have you been searching for The One?

charlie b
"condemned to wander the woodturning worl - forever?"