Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straigh out the rear?

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 06:51:24 +0100 someone who may be "R"
wrote this:-

On the even larger scale why use any extra energy to dry clothes. A
traditional pulley, as they are called here, dries clothes without
any extra energy consumption and most houses can have one or more
fitted. http://www.castinstyle.co.uk/product.php/285/0/

Lovely idea........if you have somewhere to put it,

Tumble driers also need somewhere to go.

someone to install it
assuming limited DIY skills,

If someone is able to install a duct through a wall, which the
original posting was about, then I think it extremely unlikely they
will not have the skills to fit a pulley.

a ceiling strong enough to hang it from

Most ceilings have large bits of wood above them, holding up the
floor above as well as being what the ceiling is attached to. The
pulley can be attached to these.

and are
strong enough to haul a full load of damp washing up over 7ft.

People were strong enough in the past. Have people become weaklings
recently?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh