Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Is this acceptable HVAC performance?

mm wrote:

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:45:45 -0400, wrote:

I just had a new HVAC system installed in a new house and have not paid for
it yet.

If you have not paid, you must return your 81 degree air and get
hotter air in return. I'm sure they have an air exchange place
nearby.

Your cool air will be sold to defray your debt.

Today the temperature is 100 outside. I have my thermostat set to
77 and the actual temperature is 81. (This is upstairs, downstairs a
separate system is maintaining the selected temperature.)

I am getting about a 20 degree drop. Is that acceptable or should the
system be doing better?

20 degrees is about as good as you'll get.

Thanks for any help!

20+/- degrees from the inlet to the outlet is typical. That says
nothing about the difference between the indoor and outdoor
temperatures. Clearly you can condition down to 65 degrees indoors
even if it's 110 outside (but it will cost you $$) with a big
enough system. Just go to any shopping mall for a demonstration.