Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Is this acceptable HVAC performance?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
I just had a new HVAC system installed in a new house and have not
paid for it yet. Today the temperature is 100 outside. I have my
thermostat set to 77 and the actual temperature is 81. (This is
upstairs, downstairs a separate system is maintaining the selected
temperature.)

I am getting about a 20 degree drop. Is that acceptable or should the
system be doing better?

Stick a thermometer in the vent. The A/C should be putting out air about

20
degrees cooler than the air that goes into the system (ambient). If you're
getting a 20-degree drop, it's as good as it gets.

You're assuming that a lot of things are correct.

20-degree drop doesn't mean jack ****.