Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Can anyone help me fix my Skype?

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...pe-240787-.htm
:
SteveB wrote:

I bought a Linksys CIT300 phone that's supposed to work with Skype at my

cabin. I have Wild Blue satellite service. I can't get the phone to
work
with Skype. I've read the manuals, and Skype sent me a list of things
do, which I did.

First I got garbled sound, now nothing. I'm about ready to chuck this,
but
I have heard of others having good luck with it. It is the last resort
for
phone service at our cabin. Other than that, we have to drive three
miles
to the mountaintop to use the cell.

Help would be appreciated.

Don't you also have to pay for bandwidth with your satellite service? If
so, I would not use Skype or any other VoIP service for that matter. Skype
is even worse than others because your bandwidth will also be used by
other people since it's a peer-to-peer service, meaning everyone shares.
It would be fine if you had a broadband connection with free bandwidth but
on a satellite Internet bandwidth charges could be steep.

\//.

News and Discussions Community of the Net