Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Is this acceptable HVAC performance?

On Aug 8, 2:56 pm, "Moe Jones" wrote:
wrote:
I just had a new HVAC system installed in a new house and have not
paid for it yet. Today the temperature is 100 outside. I have my
thermostat set to 77 and the actual temperature is 81. (This is
upstairs, downstairs a separate system is maintaining the selected
temperature.)

I am getting about a 20 degree drop. Is that acceptable or should the
system be doing better?

Thanks for any help!

If you realy have the question if the upstairs unit has been properly charge
is have a heat load done to your home.

Also have your system checked to make sure ther is no problems.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Its set to 77 and its 81 , maybe the thermostat is not calibrated if
its cycling, turn it to 70, how hot was everything when you started
it, wait a few days and let it run continously, keep the thermostat
temp set low so it runs. My installer gave a guarnteed temp drop in
writing.