Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default master carpenter in South Georgia

"william kossack" wrote in message
. ..
I talked to a friend the other day.

Completed a new house near Augusta. Purchased a mantel for his fire place
made from salvage pine cut before the civil war but discovered bugs coming
out of it after it was installed. He is now looking for a replacement.

Unfortunately, I'm located half way across the country and I really don't
have the tools to do the job. He needs the help from someone that can
help him select mill and install a new mantel to match the rest of the
room which I have not seen (probably lots of pine).

Any suggestions?

Couldn't he kill the bugs?