Posted to rec.woodworking
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default JET bandsaws

"Peter Huebner" wrote in message
t...
In article ,

says...
Is JET a decent company for making bandsaws, or are they a cheap chinese
knockoff company? Or heck are they a cheap American knockoff company.

I noticed on their webpage that they list themselves as JET Europe, so
presumably they are European. Are they made in Europe or somewhere else?

I bought one about a year ago. I went around all the shops in Auckland, NZ
and
looked at maybe 10-12 brands of saw. Most were made in Taiwan, except for
couple of Italians. Of all the Taiwan made saws, the 18" Jet I ended up
buying
had by far the best production standards. It was also the only saw that
didn't
try to judder itself off its pallet when turned on (didn't get the
Italians
started, they had no plugs, and they were twice the price). So far I am
happy
with the performance. But there are brands in the US that we don't get
here, so
you may be able to do better .... in any event, I can tell you that the
one
I've got isn't total crap ;-)

-P.

Thanks, actually I'm not necessarily interested in only US equipment, but
rather equipment that ISN'T Chinese manufactured. After all I really want
to buy an Audi Quattro - I don't expect it to be made in the US