Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Gophers ....... grrrrrrr ..............

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 23:07:49 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Gerald Miller" wrote

Don't know about gophers, but every couple years I have a skunk move
in under the floor of my storage shed. I just drop a few moth balls
through a hole in the floor and they move up the block to visit the
wildlife control fellow four doors up.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

We had a chipmunk take up residence in the tongue and groove siding two
springs ago. We trot on down to Ace, and the lady says mothballs are the
answer, and a couple should do it. My wife gets TWO boxes, which I
obediently pour into the wallspace. Overkill of near the fourth magnitude.

This summer, the smell is finally gone. I was ready to rip out the tongue
and groove. Oh, yeah, she had me pepper spray the hole just for good
measure, too. Sealed the hole with a piece of rusty tin to go with the
weathered stained siding. So far so good. Maybe the mothballs are still
working just enough.

Steve

Been here 23 years and I'm still on my first box of moth balls, of
course I keep them in a sealed glass jar which only gets opened about
every second year.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada