Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gophers ....... grrrrrrr ..............

On Aug 8, 1:12 am, "SteveB" wrote:
"Doug White" wrote

A coworker of mine in silicon valley had a ranch up in the Santa Cruz
mountains. He thought gophers were "cute" until one year they had heavy
rains. An entire hillside detached from the mountain & made a hell of a
mess. It was sort of like "tear on dotted line", the hill had sheared
along a surface passing neatly through a large network of gopher tunnels.

He suddenly started pumping me for info on .22 rifles, scopes, ammo, etc.

Doug White

I think there's a misconception here. I have never seen a gopher. They do
all their things below ground. A prairie dog, or a ground squirrel spends a
lot of time on top of the ground, so one can get a shot at them. Maybe I
don't know the proper stakeout for a gopher, but it doesn't sound like
anything I have the patience for or capacity for that much beer before the
first one shows up. I'd probably hit the house.

Steve

LOL...that reminds me of my younger years.

We would go get two cylinders of CO2 and a keg of beer when a gopher
was spotted.

One cylinder of CO2 would be put down the gopher hole while the other
one was used for the keg.

Got the gopher and emptied the keg....a win win situation.

TMT