Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Is this acceptable HVAC performance?

On 8 Aug, 16:45, wrote:
I just had a new HVAC system installed in a new house and have not paid for
it yet. Today the temperature is 100 outside. I have my thermostat set to
77 and the actual temperature is 81. (This is upstairs, downstairs a
separate system is maintaining the selected temperature.)

I am getting about a 20 degree drop. Is that acceptable or should the
system be doing better?

Thanks for any help!

How long has it been running? What was the temp when you begin to
cool it down?

It could take many, many, many hours to drop a 100 degree space, with
all it's 100 degree furnishings, the full 23 degrees.