Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Can anyone help me fix my Skype? * more info *

"Pete C." wrote:

KC wrote:

On Aug 8, 8:37 am, "Pete C." wrote:

Satellite round trip delay tends to hose anything "real time" like
voice, video, VPN, etc.

What about satellite phones - those bulky cell phone types with what
looks like a gun silencer for an antenna? Do they have the same
drawbacks?

KC

Yes and no. They have the same round trip delay to contend with, but
they are designed to deal with the delays so the audio data stream
doesn't break up. You still have a noticeable delay between the time you
finish saying something and the time the other person hears it, responds
and that audio gets to you. The problem with the skype stuff is that
it's not designed to handle the long delay so it has errors and the
audio breaks up.