Posted to sci.electronics.repair
perion_666 perion_666 is offline

Default Photocopier double image

I have a Sharp Z-57 that, about halfway down the paper, begins faintly
reproducing the first half of the page a second time, as it's producing the
normal second half. So, you get a normal top half of the sheet but the
second half contains the normal second half PLUS a faint first half. It's as
if the circumference of the drum is half the length of the page (5.5 inches)
and the residual toner isn't being removed from the drum after it's
transfered to the paper. I'm not sure if this model uses a scraper or what
to remove the residual toner. Or, could it be the charge that's lingering
from a previous drum rotation?.

Does this make any sense?

Thanks for any insights.