Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Router Table Footswitch Control Idea

On Aug 8, 9:22 am, "Upscale" wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

and be free to move around.

Hey, another patentable idea! A flip flop FS that straps to your boot.
A micro switch embedded into shoe leather controlling an X-10 wireless
controller so that squeezing one's big toe into one's shoe closes te
circuit. Of course there would be some delay involved as one would
have to press toe once to start and again to end. Hmmm. . .

I find that I do a lot of moving around while using my router table and a
foot operated switch would be more problematic for me. I prefer to turn

on
the router and be free to move around.

Of course it costs a few dollars more than what he is proposing, but I'd
consider the Lee Valley air actuated switch.http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,240,41065
Since I wouldn't be stepping on anything very fast, I'd mount it a little
higher up to bang with my knee or somewhere else to know with my elbow.