Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Router Table Footswitch Control Idea

On Aug 8, 11:36 am, Leuf wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:09:22 -0500, "Leon"

wrote:
Did you actually have a need for a foot operated switch or do you believe
that this would be is a useful feature?
I find that I do a lot of moving around while using my router table and a

I wouldn't mind a momentary foot switch on the drill press

My approach would work with the drill press as well. Depending on how
it is presently switched, I would lok into a DPDT replacement so you
might use the same approach - removable FS while maintainingthe
original operation and control on the drill press.

But I think i need to devise a crank switch so that, as soon as you
took your hand off the hand crank - when the workpiece gets caught,
etc) the power is cut. Hmmm, you've given me a patentable idea. Let's
keep it to ourselves until I can register it!