Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
WoodButcher WoodButcher is offline

Default electrolytic derusting - a figure for current density

I too have been archiving electrolytic derusting info and had this link
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andyspatc...considerations
where he currently recommends 1ma per square centimeter. Interestingly
enough my archived page (Oct-2004) shows his recommendation
as 1-5 mA per square centimeter.

Other electrolytic derusting links FYI:
http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/rustdemo/rustdemo.htm
http://www.davidbradley.net/ERR.html
http://www.bhi.co.uk/hints/rust.htm
http://www.nothingtodo.org/projects/norust.htm

Art

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:33:07 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

[snip]
Thanks for the info Grant. I've been saving/archiving all of
these little tidbits of information concerning derusting.
Yours is one of the first to suggest some specific amperage
values based on square inches that I recall.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b