Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Do Lowes Sales Staff Get Commissions?

On Aug 8, 7:06 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I'm starting to do my homework for purchasing replacement windows and
I thought I'd start at the bottom just to get some talking points
down.

After I talked to the millwork guys at Lowes and HD, I asked if I
should come and see *them* should I decide to buy from their store.
(Just being nice.)

The Lowes conversation went like this:

- "Should I order from you? Do you get a commission?"
- "I'm not allowed to say."
- "You've help me with info, I'd like to return the favor."
- "Thanks, I'd appreciate that."

The HD conversation went like this:

- "Should I order from you? Do you get a commission?"
- "No, if you want to come in a see me, that's fine, but we don't get
commissions."
- "You've help me with info, I'd like to return the favor."
- "Thanks, but you can place your order with whoever is at the
millwork desk."

That certainly leads me to believe that the Lowes guys get some type
of compensation for the windows they sell. Anybody know for sure?

Go to Menards, they beat Lowes and HD hands down on most everything.
The Lowes by me doesn't even sell lumber over 10 feet long so they are
useless to me, and they just dont have all that much in the stores.
The HD employees are starting to treat people like crap, and you know
what happened to Kmart a few years ago when their clerks couldn't give
a crap either. Whereas the Menards stores are huge, have a lot of new
products always appearing, and have seasoned/friendly service, I'll
take a Menards any day.