Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator is No longer Cold

Sounds like the unit isn't defrosting. I'd guess between #100 and
$200 to get it fixed.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Zentraleinheit" wrote in
message ...
: I Have a 10-year-old Frigidaire side by side refrigerator that
have
: developed the following problems(s) over the last 4 days.
:
: 1: The refrigerator section stopped working. It no longer keeps
the
: contents' cold, and does not get any colder then room
temperature.
:
: 2: The freezer works, but, over the last 2 days I have noticed
a thin build
: of ice and water droplets on the back wall. Also, the contents
of the
: freezer don't seem as "frozen" as they once were.
:
: Since I have a back up refrigerator I have not lost any food
items (but I
: have to keep going up and down a flight of stairs to get
anything) so
: repairing the Frigidaire is not an emergency.
:
: But, since I will have to call for repairs eventually, I want
to know what
: can be possibly be wrong. And what am I most likely to pay for
it.
:
: Thank you for any help.
: