Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default drywall vs OSB

"marson" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 7, 8:20 pm, "Mike Dobony" wrote:
"marson" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Aug 6, 10:14 pm, "Mike Dobony" wrote:
"big e lewis" wrote in

New polebarn, I will be putting in insulation in roof and walls for
inside heating for Michigan winters. Surprisingly, the cost is about
the
same for either locally. I would prefer OSB on the walls, to make it
easier to build shelves, ect onto. Is this a problem, or is there a
reason to use drywall? Thanks, Earl

Fire resistance and vapor barrier fiberglass requires a fire
resistance
covering (drywall) per code and manufacturers instructions.

If it attached to your house, then you will need a one hour separation
which would require drywall. For a freestanding polebuilding, I know
of no code that requires you to drywall it.

What about insurance companies dropping coverage for not following
manufacturer's instructions?

What manufacturer's instructions are you talking about?

Read the vapor barrier on fiberglass insulation. It requires flame
retardant covering.